By following these 6 essential fall home maintenance tasks, you can enjoy the comforts of home all season long and know that you’re protecting your investment, too.
- Caulk around exterior doors and window frames for a tight seal. Look for gaps where pipes or wiring enter the home and caulk those as well to protect from water, insects and mice.
- Check the roof for missing or damaged shingles. Water, wind, ice and snow can cause serious damage to a vulnerable roof, leading to a greater chance of further damage inside the home. Always have a qualified professional inspect and repair the roof, but binoculars can be used to do a preliminary survey from the ground.
- Clear gutters of leaves, sticks, and other debris. If the home gets heavy leaf fall, this may need to be done more than once during the season. If the gutters can accommodate them, leaf guards can be real time-savers and prevent clogging. Make sure downspouts direct water away from the house.
- In cold-weather climates, drain garden hoses and store indoors to protect them from the harsh winter elements. Shut off outdoor faucets and make sure exterior pipes are drained of water.
- Have the furnace inspected to ensure that it’s safe and in good working order. Most utility companies will provide basic, no-cost furnace inspections to their customers. Replace disposable furnace air filters or clean the permanent type according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A wood-burning fireplace can be a real pleasure on a chilly fall evening. For safety, have the firebox and chimney professionally cleaned before use this season.
Keeping your home in the best shape possible by completing these fall home maintenance tasks can save you money and protect your investment. If you’re concerned about completing any of these tasks on your own, give me a call. I have some great contacts to help you with all your home maintenance needs.
How Can I Help You With Your Broomfield Real Estate Needs?
I am consistently among the Top Real estate agents in Broomfield and I strive to exceed client expectations.
You May Be Wondering… What is My Home Worth?
Do you wonder what your home is worth in the current market? Do you desire a specific Property Valuation Report that I routinely prepare for my clients? Please contact me.
If you are considering buying or selling, I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business (or that of a friend you think I could help).
Visit www.refrealty.net. Phone: 720.351.8488, or John@RefRealty.net
For questions regarding the Broomfield Real Estate Market in general contact:
Realtor® | Real Estate Negotiation Specialist
Global Luxury Property Specialist